Tuesday 25 September 2012

The goats heid



The other morning Colin got up and went out to our kitchen on the balcony to make a cuppa. He could smell a strange smell but thought nothing of it until he lit the gas and then thought he smelled the hairs on his arm singeing. When he seen that his hairs weren't on fire he knew the smell was coming from below.



As usual, I couldn't resist investigating. I found Laxmi and one of the local women burning a goat's head on a really powerful gas-filled burner, that's kept outside the main kitchen. They were burning all the hair off to get it ready for cooking. The smell was overpowering between the goat's head and the gas fumes. Poor Tiger the dog was chained up quite near where the fumes were so I had to let him off before he was gassed!



Hair burning complete and ready for the next stage.



Laxmi washing the head in case any hair had remained. For the next couple of days there was the goat's head in the fridge in the morning when I went to get my milk for my cornflakes
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment